 From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com  [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
 Terry
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:17 AM
To:  Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] More on  Copper theft

  Somewhere around 8-9 p.m. December 15, The club I belong to  (Mountain
ARC)lost our tower at 2976ft. The area of the site received a blast  of
freezing rain, followed by several bursts of very high wind.  This
created the dreaded twisting effect that has brought so many  others
before it as well.

We were still licking out wounds from this  loss of 100 Ft Rohn 45, all
associated guys, a db-224, db-408, my Diamond  tri-band, and several
packet beams on several different bands, when I got a  call from MD
state police to identify property.

It seems that during a  routine PC of the area, they caught an
individual with almost all 200 ft of  our 1-1/8" Andrews in his truck,
cut into 3 foot lengths for  recycling.

I was afraid that sooner or later, junkie clowns like this one  would
figure out that hardline was copper. I wonder how long it will  be
until they start cutting the stuff off towers while they are on the
air  and disrupt police dispatch or worse, EMS network?

At least my personal  site has the feedline routed in a way that it is
not exposed, unless they can  scale the gym roof straight up. (wx3m.info)