Has anyone controlled the encode function of a TS32P via a CAT
controller's encode logic pin?

I've wired several SCOM 7330s and Arcom RC210s to factory encoders in
MS2000s, Micors, and even outboard TS32 encoders. The Scom and Arcom
controllers can be configured to set their encode logic for either
active high or active low (active high needed for the aforementioned
units); however my latest project utilizes a CAT200 controller, which
only supports active low.

In the past I've used the logic pin to ground the input of the op-amp
stage on the TS32's encoder, effectively shutting off the encoder.
However, since the CAT controller is active low, that won't work, as
the logic needs to be active high for the op-amp's input to pass.

I don't prefer to use a relay or audio gate switch on the TS32's
output because the impedance load of the encoder affects the overall
exciter deviation.  If anyone has played with Micors or MSRs, you
know that adding or removing the encoder output from the exciter
changes the load on the modulator stage, resulting in varying repeat
audio deviation levels depending on the state of the encoder
connection (even with zero tone level, ex: reed pulled). Hence the
reason the factory boards control the encoder BEFORE the final tone
output. The final impedance load of the encoder is still present at
all times, with or without encode tone present.

I also can't just switch the ground of the TS32 board, as it is being
used as a full time decoder as well.

Before I add some inverting logic between the CAT controller and the
TS32, does anyone else have any ideas?

Eric
KE2D