some ideas on how to improve the CAT audio other than to replace it?  - Mike

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob M.
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:44 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Comspec TS32P encoder control

Yup, that's all I'd do for an inverter.

I have two repeaters using CAT200Bs and have had no problem with the audio.
I never measured it to see how flat it was. It's not broadcast quality; it's
not supposed to be.

hdcom sells coax connectors, cables, etc. They're located on Lawn Guy Land.

Bob M.
======
--- On Thu, 9/11/08, kk2ed <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:kk2ed%40comcast.net> >
wrote:

> From: kk2ed <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:kk2ed%40comcast.net> >
> Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Comspec TS32P encoder control
> To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 6:23 PM
> Thanks, Bob.
>
> The NPN was my plan if no one had any better suggestion.
> All I'll
> need to do is tie the CAT's logic pin to a 10K pullup
> and 2n2222,
> then tie the collector to the TS32P's op amp input, and
> the emitter
> to ground.
>
> At least the CAT will enable the encoder based on rx
> activity of
> either RX1 or RX2 9 (when linked), and only if the rx's
> are actually
> active.
>
> For example, if the receive mode is COS&PL rather than
> COS only, and
> the encoder was tied directly to COS, then the encoder
> would thump on
> and off any time the rx squelch popped from noise while the
> tx is
> active, which could be an issue for some instances like a
> hub
> repeater. Better to let the controller handle it WHEN
> possible.
>
> I also don't care for the audio quality thru the CAT
> controllers.
> Somewhat restricted curve as compared to the others. I
> would never
> use a CAT on my own repeaters, but this is for someone
> else, so I'm
> using what they had on hand.
>
> This is a prime case of "you get what you pay
> for", and where the
> extra money spent for an SCOM or Link is money well spent.
>

> Eric
> KE2D
>

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bob M."

http://www.eset.com