I did a similar thing years ago to prove to the power company engineer
that the noise I was experiencing was from the power line.  I used a
dual trace scope, synced on channel 1 that was taking a sample of the AC
socket in the building and put channel 2 on the speaker leads of a
scanner.  I used the AM mode on the scanner.  After he saw that the
traces synced up exactly he had a crew replace an old insulator and tie
wire in front of my house that was causing microspark interference on
the 2 meter band.

73, Joe, K1ike