I have very cheaply acquired a Motorola N1274A amplifier and would like to use
it on 2 meters.

My first question, is, since this amplifier was originally designed for
150-174MHz do I need to do any retuning. I assume the answer would be yes. On
the board, on the far left and the far right I see two components that appear
to be tuning capacitors. They are marked Johanson 9612. (Looking them up on the
net confirmed they were tuning caps) Are these what I need to adjust? If so,
what is the procedure? Tune for max power? Min SWR? Any assistance would be
appreciated. Also, what tool is used for this? I kind of looks like a tiny hex
head, but I haven't looked at it under a magnifier yet.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone has a schematic for the amplifier. I looked
on the net but turned up nothing. There is one component inside the amplifier
that appears what "used to be" a capacitor. It obviously suffered a
catastrophic failure and the magic smoke came out quite rapidly. It is located
on the board next to a large 1 ohm power resistor. I obviously need to replace
this component and could possibly need to replace others. Again, any schematic
or parts list info anyone could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Albert