Thanks a lot for that info.sounds like I might want to take a chance with
one in the event I can't find something else under $1,000 !   - Mike

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kf0m
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 9:15 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Looking for 220 Repeater Antenna

I also have had reasonable success with a G7-220. It was on top of a water
tower for about 15 yrs. We lost a couple of the ground radials and had to
replace them otherwise did fine. About every other year or so we had to
replace the fiberglass Diamond 2 meter repeater antenna that was a couple
feet away due to lightning strikes but never had any damage to the G7.

John Lock
kf0m at arrl.net