From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun Jul 12 11:01:30 2009
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Notch on duplexers... How low should they go???

Norm,

The tuning rods on the TX pair of cavities will be at different heights than
those on the RX pair, simply because they are tuned to different
frequencies. As for the RG-142 jumpers, that's okay because RG-142 is
double-shielded. Changing those jumpers to RG-214/U will probably gain you
nothing. If those jumpers are the right lengths, I'd leave them alone.

A while back, I set up a Q202G duplexer for a local radio club. It was
originally tuned to a commercial pair in the 152-157 MHz band, so I asked
the club to purchase a low-split harness from Sinclair. When the new
harness arrived, I took careful measurements of both the new and the old
harness, and the results are on a drawing I posted in the Files section,
here:
<http://tinyurl.com/l3xquy <http://tinyurl.com/l3xquy> >

If the harness on your duplexer is the high-split version, with about 12
inches between tee centers, you will not be able to achieve optimum tuning.
The factory-made harness uses Delta crimped connectors, and costs about
$250. If I were to do this again, I would consider fabricating the harness
myself, with genuine Delta tees, which can be purchased for a total of
around $120.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY