There is an extension to asterisk called app_rpt. It can run with
conferences or not or you can build your own conference bridge. It uses
sub 10.00 USB dongles for the radio interface. AllStarLink etc are just
conference bridges and registries offering packaged install distros....
but the underlying install software is an app_rpt extension. You can
install it on any linux distro or use ready made versions. I suspect it
will do what you want... but there is a learning curve... I am currently
playing with a distro called Limey Linux which is made for embedded
Flash type installs.. like SD cards or CF cards.. 128mb size area. I am
using a D945GCLF motherboard.. sub 100 with cpu and ram..
    In any case the application is probably very suitable for your
needs.. and free.... There is also are companies that produce apps like
XIPAR... there are free parts and chargeable parts.. but looks like they
offer the bridge software too..
    If you want to stick with telephony the app_rpt system will work
with FXS,FXO and similar cards for radio interfaces.. but the usb
dongles are capable of handling much lower level interface to the radio
at baseband..and do ctcss etc in the DSP....
    They are all based on the connectivity of asterisk so sounds like
you are familiar with that part.
Doug