From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of NORM KNAPP
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 9:44 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Possible desense issue, any thoughts

Very interesting.
I looked up the specs for Belden 8242 RG-9/U. I have a 6 foot piece with N
type males on each end and I use it as a test jumper... According to Belden,
the center conductor and the inside shield are silver plated copper. However
the outer shield is bare copper. What gives??? Why would they make such a
product? What spec would call for the shields to be like that and why?
Anyone?
73 de N5NPO
Norman Knapp

P. S. I stand corrected. I would not recomend RG-9/U. :However, RG-223/U
would work.... Right?