tahrens301 wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I picked up a bunch of Micor repeaters today,
> and as I figured, they have the TLD xxx4
> receiver in them.  (160-174mhz).
>
> I know that to put on 2 meters, new resonators
> & some other stuff is required, but is it
> necessary if I go down to 154?

Yes, the capacitors will need changed for proper operation in the 150.8
to 162 range.  The helical resonators for the VHF MICOR were in 2
splits, where the receiver boards were in 4 splits.  The helical
resonators for the lower of the two splits (xxx1 and xxx2) covered from
132 - 150.8 MHz.  The helical resonators for the upper two splits (xxx3
and xxx4) covered 150.8 to 174 MHz.

The better thing to do would be to trade someone looking to do a 220
conversion.  The xxx4 is the better receiver to start with when doing a
220 conversion.  I'd bet with the recent 220 inquiries here there would
be someone willing to swap you xxx3's for your xxx4's!

Kevin