tahrens301 wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I picked up a bunch of Micor repeaters today,
> and as I figured, they have the TLD xxx4
> receiver in them.  (160-174mhz).
>
> I know that to put on 2 meters, new resonators
> & some other stuff is required, but is it
> necessary if I go down to 154?
>
> I'm working on this as a backup repeater for our
> FD.
>
> Also, DRAT, no channel elements!
>
> Did find one other interesting piece - an X9000
> base station.  Mighty big & will certainly hold
> down the desk.  (yep, it really is an x9000 :-))
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

I wouldn't put anything into doing that for a Fire Dept. By the end of
2012, they are REQUIRED to go narrowband on VHF and UHF (low band and
800 are exempt). While there are kits to modify the receivers for Micors
and others, there is some serious question as to whether the
transmitters can be considered 'certified' or 'accepted' for narrowband
use. It's more then just turning down the deviation. There is adjacent
channel noise/splatter to consider. Not to mention frequency stability.