At 10/21/2009 13:23, you wrote:

>Anybody got any suggestions about fixing the squelch circuit?  (Spare me
>the get a REAL repeater comments please!)
>

>Is the MICOR squelch still available?  Anybody done it to one of these?

I added a Micor squelch board from LinkComm to a Kendecom RX once.  It
worked fairly well, though it was still somewhat susceptible to off-channel
signals, making the squelch excessively tight whenever a strong signal was
present 15 kHz away, regardless of modulation level on that signal.  I
suspect this to be due to design flaw in the MR4 design (mid-stage IF
amplifier overload).  A 10 kHz LPF in front of the Micor squelch board may
cure that problem.

Bob NO6B