Rev. Robert P. Chrysafis wrote:
> wonder why the fcc does not allow acssb above 30 mhz on the ham bands? seems
> to me they would want to promote more efficient modes through all the ham
> bands.
>
> another interesting thing would be to see 2 meter repeaters go to 2 or 3 mhz
> splits and employ some form of efficient modulation mode instead of the same
> old 10 khz fm.
>
> and i am sure we will be all dead before this happens :)
>
> one can imagine though.
>
> better tx/rx isolation, cleaner signals, employ some form of narrow band
> modulation scheme and we could even ease congestion on 2 meters.
>

> i still can't imagine how the 600 khz split was decided for 2 meters when
> there is room for at least a 2 mhz split.

duh-because when repeaters were first authorized for 2M, they were only
allowed from 146 to 148. 144.5-145.5 didn't come into existence until
the 80's.

No-2M is too populated to do any changes. Not gonna happen until they
just flat stop making FM gear. Not in my life time, not in your kids
lifetimes, probably not in your grandkids lifetimes either.

Same with the 150-174 LMR band...WAAAAAY to much gear out there to try
to standardize input/output.

Look at the bright side-at least the ham band HAS a standard. There is
none in the LMR segment.