From: tahrens301 <tahr...@swtexas.net>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, Feb 1, 2010 4:04 pm
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Battery system for portable repeater (non solar)

I spoke with the technical folks at Optima today, and
got some interesting information.

1. For this application, they recommend the Yellow top
battery.

2. This battery can be completely 'drained' (down to 0 volts),
and be recharged. 300 times - they guarantee for 2 years

3. To recharge from a 0V state, they recommend paralleling
another battery with it, and then using a battery charger
to bring it up to 13.1 volts. They said that without the
parallel battery 'faking' out the charger, the charger may
not charge the dead battery properly.

Just thought I would pass along this information. Was encouraged
by #2.

Thanks,

Tim