There is a nice video on their website.  - m

http://www.optimabatteries.com/home.php

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of va...@securenet.net
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:23 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Battery system for portable repeater
(non solar)

I think the yellow top optimas are for deep cycle apps. Check their website.

Va2ir

  _____

From: "tahrens301" <tahr...@swtexas.net>

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:11:05 -0000

To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>

Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Battery system for portable repeater (non
solar)

Are the optima type batteries meant for extended deep
discharges?

Tim

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , "KD8BIW" <sdenn...@...> wrote:

> Something such as an Optima Yellow top battery would be okay in this use.
They are sealed, spillproof AGM batteries. Keep them at their "float"
voltage and you should not have a problem. Use these for battery back-up at
numerous repeaters and have not had a problem (yet...). Good luck and let us
know what you come up with, and how it works for you!

database 4820 (20100130) __________

http://www.eset.com