On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, David Jordan wrote:
> My guess is the manufacturer doesn?t have the technology or funding
> needed to build the cheaply made, significantly over priced crawling
> camera to operate in the GHz ranges.

My bet is that the manufacturer got a deal on some 433MHz camera modules
from China.

> Like BPL?this vendor will disappear once their venture capital has
> been all used up. The military may purchase some of these units but
> with tax revenues down nationally, for the next several years, I don?t
> think your local fire or police dept will be spending many dollars on
> this low value technology?

Doesn't matter; the legal world is ruled by precedents. This sets an
unhealthy one. And NTIA/Military has spoken up on the matter -- did
you see the section in the order where the device would not be operated
within so many miles of several AFBs, which are known to house PAVE-PAWS
installations?

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst