  From: Kris Kirby
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:45 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Fw: FCC R&O Involving the Amateur 70cm
Band

  On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, David Jordan wrote:
  > My guess is the manufacturer doesn?t have the technology or funding
  > needed to build the cheaply made, significantly over priced crawling
  > camera to operate in the GHz ranges.

  My bet is that the manufacturer got a deal on some 433MHz camera modules
  from China.

  > Like BPL?this vendor will disappear once their venture capital has
  > been all used up. The military may purchase some of these units but
  > with tax revenues down nationally, for the next several years, I don?t
  > think your local fire or police dept will be spending many dollars on
  > this low value technology?

  Doesn't matter; the legal world is ruled by precedents. This sets an
  unhealthy one. And NTIA/Military has spoken up on the matter -- did
  you see the section in the order where the device would not be operated
  within so many miles of several AFBs, which are known to house PAVE-PAWS
  installations?

  --
  Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
  Disinformation Analyst