From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Jordan
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 9:13 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Commercial Antenna for 2m Repeater Question

Hi Folks,

Our club has been given permission to use one of the Public Safety antennas
for our 2m repeater. The antenna is a PD-220-3A 150.5-158.5MHz. Our repeater
freq. is 146.745. The antenna is fed with some nice looking Cell Flex
LCF-12-50 ju, hard-line. The PD-200 is one of those totally enclosed
fiberglass antennas; we don't have funds to pay for a climb to take down or
replace or tweak.

Have two questions:

We think we can live with the power loss if we build a coupler to match the
inevitable high SWR.  Can someone point us to a formula to
estimate/calculate both the projected SWR and power loss, etc? WAGs R fine
too.

Is anyone aware of any 2m coupler projects that might work for this
scenario? Our current repeater antenna is in the attic of one of our members
garage at 25ft ASL.this antenna would be 425ft ASL.so even with losses we
expect significantly better performance.

73,

Dave

WA3GIN