I had a similar problem at my house and it was tearing up my packet
digipeater.  It turned out to be microspark interference.  See this message:

http://www.mail-archive.com/repeater-builder@yahoogroups.com/msg50828.html

It turned out to be a tie-wire that is used to hold the wire into the
insulator on the high voltage line in front of my house.  The tie wire
was just long enough to resonate in the 2 meter VHF band, but very
little noise was being created on the AM broadcast band.  Do the test
that I described in the above message and see if it is AC power line
interference.  If it is, you should ride around the general area of the
tower and listen on your car AM radio.  When you get very close to it,
you should hear the interference on both the VHF and Am radio.  If you
have a handheld scanner that receives AM it will be easier to find the
interference.

73, Joe, K1ike