i have no idea at all on what systems you run, or what they are, other than,
a repeater,
but just an idea maybe, to try.

the Controller, you refer to, that you were uploading new firmware, is that,
anything to do with the uhf system, in anyway.

if not, perhaps try shutting down the system, with the controller in it, for
a couple of seconds, maybe and see, if it is not radiating, some kind of
interference, that interfares with your UHF system

i only say this out of course, since occassonly i have to upload new
firmware to Tait Mobile units and desktop computers ( firmware here = bios
upgrades ) and now and again one interfares with the other

just a thought maybe worth looking at

Marcus