Thanks for everyone's input.

Controller choice seems to be like a religion. Everybody has their favourite and are reluctant to try another brand.

The 3x4 vs 4x4 is a big one for me. I think the only radio I own with a 4x4 keypad is an old 03AT.

At the remote site, I would have telnet access or serial access from the public internet and software access from within the private wan.

At this point I think I'll read over a few manuals and contact a couple of vendors.

Right now the biggest problem is to keep the internal repeat function of the repeater enabled while still allowing the controller to manage the remote link.

I think it's doable and will just require the right controller and a bit of playing.

Once again, thanks.

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>