At 11:46 PM 7/27/2010, ka9qjg wrote:

>Some of the comments on the Old Motorola's brought back a lot of
>Memories ,  There use to be a Store in oak park Il  name Spectronics
>,   I recall going there over 40 Yrs ago it was a Drive for Me too
>from Indiana , They had a large  Disc Meter  in the Window  on
>146.520  you could key your radio and check the Freq ,   I had a old
>Mot I think 80 D Tube  Receiver on the Ind State Police 42.42

<----Again for the SoCal types, we had 2 places that had lots of
surplus Batwing (and others) gear

C & A Electronics in Carson (good ol' Art Sr and Art Jr (AJ).

There was another place (much bigger) in Agoura Hills as I remember
too. Can't remember their name however (sure someone here can) but
they were HUGE.

And I was the very first coordinee (is that a word?) of "tertiary
splits" in SoCal as well, as our coordinated channels were moved from
147.39/99 to 146.745/145. I was WA6EMV in those days ("ewwwww, that was YOU?")

BTW, someone recently sent me some TRW ARC newsletters from the 70s
(when I was a member) with an article I wrote for a VHF power amp. I
have it PDF if anyone is interested for whatever reason.

Memories...

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"