Re: Simrex - GLB Pre-Selector Pre-Amplifier

The Simrex (aka GLB) units are actually amplified pre-selector
assemblies, not just plain wide-band Receive Pre-Amplifiers.

There's a reason why these units offer/spec 8dB Gain versus
the others "un-protected" preamps.  The less obvious gain
when compared to traditional GasFet and BiPolar RF Preamplifiers
is due to the internal integrated pre and post filtering.

What does it all mean...

If you have some types of IMD "grunge problems" when trying
a regular GasFet/BiPolar Preamplifier, chances are your results
using the Simrex/GLB pre-selector might be better. The pre and
post filtering inside the Pre-Selector is a big deal.

s.