It looks like Skipp and I have found that the GLB preselector has been
successful at helping "less then ideal" repeaters work better.  I can
think of two examples that I have had.

I had a Midland 13-509 repeater back in the late 80's on 223.72MHz.  It
used a set of homebrew copper pipe duplexers.  The duplexers would drift
with temperature swings, but by adding a GLB preselector I was able to
add enough additional rejection to make the repeater play quite nicely.

I also had a UHF Maggiore repeater that used an antenna at 450 feet on
the top of a tower.  I was being plagued by occasional desense that I
was never able to track down.  It never seemed to happen when I was at
the site.  By adding the GLB preselector I was able to reject whatever
it was that was getting past the duplexers and solve the problem.

My point is that the GLB is not just something to add to a repeater to
make it have a hotter receiver.  The BIG advantage is that you can get a
bandpass characteristic with very tight skirts that will help a receiver
that is passing too much crap through it's front end.  You can also get
this in a very small package that will fit in an area where you don't
have room to hang a big cavity filter on the wall.  The GLB is not the
answer for everybody, but it has it's place.

73, Joe, K1ike