Hi Ed,

Understood, was just coincidental that you message popped up as was looking at potentially adding a pre-amp to my repeater which is not at a great height nor ever likely to be - long story.

Have tried a few from very good kit form to general purpose broad banded variable types with little improvement and as you say managed to overload the front end.

There was a fellow ham over here who was making pre-amps to order but he seems to have suffered the fate of many small businesses in the financial downturn.

Although not expensive in themselves, if I bring something in from the US, postage, insurance and value added tax soon bumps the cost up. I'll probably just stick with what I have without adding extra problems.

Thank you for your input and advice, always appreciated.

Best regards,
Doug - GM7SVK - Glasgow - Scotland