On Aug 5, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Kevin Custer wrote:

> Allan Crites and I are currently in discussion which will be used as the
> basis of a RB web article that will explain exactly what is happening, why it
> happens, and why an 'optimized' cable length can be used to transfer power
> ending up with the stated loss of the duplexer and have little reflected
> power toward the transmitter - so long as the duplexer is tuned properly and
> exhibits good return loss on the frequency it's designed to pass.

There's already a great book on that topic, it's called the ARRL Antenna
Handbook, and the chapter on transmission lines covers it in more detail than
anyone will ever need to know in the real-world, who's not a practicing RF
Engineer.

That book if read cover-to-cover, is also damn good for insomnia. Or at least
it'll keep you distracted while you can't sleep! :-)

--
Nate Duehr
n...@natetech.com

facebook.com/denverpilot