From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KP3FT
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:09 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] dumb question: what is purpose of lock on
Mitrek?

Hi,
I know it's a dumb question, but after scouring the internet for info, I
find everything about locks and replacement keys for Motorolas and other
radios, but I still don't know what locking the Mitrek actually does. Does
it kill all power to the radio, or disable certain functions? I'm asking
because I just acquired a low-band Mitrek that I need to power up and verify
its working condition. It doesn't have a control head, so I need to use the
front panel pins, but if the radio is locked, I may end up getting nowhere
and still not know if it's either the radio that is bad, it is locked out,
or I wired it wrong. This is the first Mitrek I've had. Thanks for any help.
Jeff KP3FT