Hello Jeff.
All commercials radios have locks on them. The lock is so that the radio can
be locked into the mounting bracket, #1 so no one steals it, #2 so it does
not become a flying projectile if the vehicle is in a crash, and # 3 to keep
people from messing with the radios. You would be surprised what people do
to radios just to mess with the them, sometimes so they do not have to use
them. Some people cut the antennas leads, control cables or power leads.
Sometimes they throw the control head out of the vehicle.

You should try to find a set of accessory group for the radio, if you are
trying to hook it up, as you probably do not know which wires to connect to.
The control head has two power connections, one for the receive side, and
one for the transmitter side. If you hook any wire wrong, you might zapp the
electronics inside the radio. You will also need to find a key to unlock it
as many times the crystals that make the trasnmitter operate have been
removed.

Hope this helps.

Butch, KE7FEL/r