I know that this sounds like the long way, but isn't it possible to start
from ground zero?  I mean that if I start with a clean install of NT 4.0,
then install Retrospect, then have Retrospect rebuild a catalog of the tape,
from there I could do a complete restore of the Server, right?

Scott Dunn
Systems Engineer
South Shore Building Services
www.southshoreinc.com