And to clarify, graphics are not very compressible without dataloss.

Very compressible, but at a loss.  Meaning, a file in native
Photoshop format could be 10MB in size, but saved as a JPEG image you
can get it down to 1MB (depending on content, of course), but at a
loss of quality.  Not what a backup program should do.  :)