On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 09:06 -0400, Dennett, Charles R - SSD wrote:

> As a matter of fact, yes, I do use KDE as my desktop.  Now to go look up
> that bugzilla report.  (I do use FC5 at home.)

I didn't have much time this weekend but I did manage to setup XDMCP on
my home CentOS 5 server and configured my RHEL5 workstation system as
the client.  I was using Gnome and everything seemed fine so I installed
KDE and when selecting the KDE desktop I see what would appear to be the
same behavior in the Bugzilla which matches what you describe.

I think this Bugzilla (204732) is probably a hit so it's something you
could point out to Redhat support.  Perhaps they weren't using KDE
either so that's why they couldn't reproduce the issue.  Unfortunately
it doesn't look like that Bugzilla was ever worked by anyone.

I suspect you could work around the problem by switching the display
manager from gdm to kdm but I haven't tested that but I think there is a
GUI in KDE that allows you to configure kdm and I'm pretty sure that you
can switch to kdm by simply changing the default desktop
in /etc/sysconfig/desktop.  Might be worth a try.

Later,
Tom