Hi,

We have a virtualization environment as follows:

    -  Host  is of RHEL5.3 86_64 bit,

    -  The host  network  environment setting is with  trunking. 5 subnets
       are in the trunk.

    -  one of the guest is being created  which is RHEL 4.6 , of
       kernel  2.6.9-67.ELsmp 32 bit.

    -  There are other guests  which are  all 64 bits

    -  In the host network settings  the MTU value is set  as  1492.

    -  In the 32 bit guest  also the MTU is being set  as  1492

 The problem is:

    From the  32 bit  guest  when  'traceroute <to some server>  is being
    executed  then it is not working

    Where as  from this 32 bit guest ,the other commands like ssh,
    ftp  , ping etc to the other servers  are working fine.

    For checking purpose , this 32 bit guest  was removed
    from the trunking, I mean set with different IP and  MTU is being
    removed from the  ifconfig-eth0 configuration,  then it works

If anybody can trigger some solution that how the traceroute can be possible ,
that will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance