Hello,

I have done a Rietveld refinement using a PANalytical X'pert
Pro but the standard configuration is giving me a lot of troubles. This
configuration is somewhat "blind" to the small 2 theta angles and it
introduces (because of the poorly focused X ray beam) a heavy
background. I've manage to remove that background by refinement but I'm
sure that the quality of the acquisition can be improved.

I am no engineer, so the inner workings of that machine are somewhat a
mystery to me. I am asking if someone else has used a PANalytical for
Rietveld and if you can give me a better configuration of slots, masks
etc. I have tried different configurations with no success.

Please take into consideration, while writing your reply, that I'm still a
student and I have yet a lot to learn.

Thank you!

Alexandra Seclaman

seclaman_alexan...@yahoo.com