Hello Jeremy,

i'am a rife beginner myself, but i faced the question myself so i'll
give it a try to answer it.

The question rife persitence, hibernate, iBatis or whatever depends on
your needs. The rife persistence doenst want to compete with persitence
only frameworks like hibernate. It gives you the possibility to easily
enable database support for your webapp, where the learning curve is
much flatter then the hibernate one.

Another advantage of the rife persitence (i uses it this way myself) is
that you can use some build in elements as is for example the
autentification element. i combined rife persitence for the
authentication process with hibernate persitence for the rest. this
works pretty good.

There's another post on the list where Geert explains some missing
features compared to hibernate. Here it is:
http://www.nabble.com/RIFE-Persistence-Layer-t3177257.html

Bye Mork