On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 22:59 -0400, Mark Misulich wrote:
> Hi,
> I started out using rkhunter version 1.2.8, then upgraded to 1.2.9 a few
> weeks ago.  I wasn't able to get 1.2.9 to update after I installed it,
> but it would check for rootkits.  I read that 1.3.0 was do to come out
> in a couple of weeks, so I decided to wait and see if upgrading to 1.3.0
> would fix the problem.  I installed 1.3.0 last night, but it wouldn't
> update after installation and running "propupd".  In terminal when I try
> to update the program (using "rkhunter --update"), I get the following
> message:
>
> The SCRIPTDIR configuration option has not been set by the installer.

In order for RKH to run at all, certain options must be set in the
configuration file. The installer does this for you. If RKH finds that
these options are not set, then it tends to imply that the installation
did not run correctly.

Can you do 2 things for me please:
1) Run the installer again ('./installer.sh --layout default --install')
and send me (not the mailing list) all the output it produces.
2) Then send me a copy of your configuration file
(the /etc/rkhunter.conf file).

John.