Free entrance

QUEER FACES MIGRANT VOICES is a German-Dutch cooperation project for young lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans * and/or intersex (LGBTI *) refugees who have recently come to Germany or the Netherlands. Many of them have fled discrimination, war or lack of prospects and have decided to leave their homes to find a better life elsewhere. The project is for those who question their sexual identity, sometimes because of education, sometimes because of religious or other reasons. In addition to this inner disruption, they are confronted with a completely new environment: a new country, a different language, different customs and habits. Thus young LGBTI refugees in particular are exposed to an identity crisis in two ways and often question themselves and/or their surroundings.

The project gives these people the space and voice to deal with their cultural, sexual and religious identity. Coaches help participants with technical and personal questions: Where is my home? Is this the land I was born in but had to flee, or is this new land my home? What role do I play, what is my origin? What power do I have over my future? These questions become stories that bring participants together in a narrative mosaic.

PRESENTATION WITH WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS
April 14, 2018, 4 p.m. Xenon Kino, Kolonnenstr. 5-6, 10827 Berlin-Schöneberg <https://www.facebook.com/Xenon-Kino-274012595104/>

QUEER FACES MIGRANT VOICES is a project of International Queer & Migrant Film Festival <https://www.facebook.com/iqmff/>, Stichting art. 1 <https://www.facebook.com/stichtingart1/> and Kijufi - Landesverband Kinder- und Jugendfilm Berlin e.V. <https://www.facebook.com/kijufi/>: Project partners: One World Berlin Human Rights Film Festival <https://www.facebook.com/groups/oneworldberlin/> Funding: Botschaft der Niederlande in Deutschland <https://www.facebook.com/botschaft.nl/>, Erasmus+ <https://www.facebook.com/EUErasmusPlusProgramme/>

--
rohrpost - deutschsprachige Liste zur Kultur digitaler Medien und Netze
Archiv: http://www.nettime.org/rohrpost