okay, here's an idea/proposal for how we could introduce widget functionality into Roller.

I am calling this an "idea" right now because the proposal is deliberately left unfinished in many areas. The reason for that is because I felt it would be a waste of my time to try and design the entire experience up front when it's most likely we'll be discussing and changing our minds about things.

So, right now I am operating under the general assumption that we all believe widgets would be a good addition to Roller in some form or another and we just need to figure how we want to do it. The proposal below lays out the general approach and what I think the major components would be, it doesn't go into details about exact changes to the data model, code, and UI, we can flush that stuff out once we are all agreed on the overall approach ...

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Proposal+Widgets+and+Panels

Please have a quick read and offer some feedback here on the list. This is a big feature so active discussion would be good.

-- Allen