Este interesant articolul despre schimbari climatice din USA Today. Se pune
problema cat de aproape putem sa fim de “punctul de unde nu exista intoarcere”.
Interesante sunt si idei printre comentariile cititorilor:

  “George Carlin hit it on the head. The earth will be fine. Man will
disappear. We were only here to make plastic.” …

  “CO2 is coming from Coca Cola, Pepsi, Beer etc. All of these products should
be banned immediately. The world temperature should drop a couple of degrees
within weeks.” :) :)

  “We hate our children therefore let them deal with the deficit, the droughts,
the famines and the diseases that are to come!” :( :(

  Global warming approaches point of no return
Earth is heading for several tipping points at which the damage from global
warming will make disease and famine inevitable, say scientists involved in
preparing the new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report due out
Friday. "We are seeing plenty of potentially dangerous outcomes where the
hotter it gets, the worse it gets," said Stanford University climatologist
Stephen Schneider. Debate is growing on whether efforts to roll back harmful
effects will produce results or whether countries should focus more on learning
to live with global warming's consequences.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/globalwarming/2007-04-03-tipping-points_N.htm

  Is Earth near its 'tipping points' from global warming?

  By Dan Vergano and Patrick O'Driscoll, USA TODAY
  Earth is spinning toward many points of no return from the damage of global
warming, after which disease, desolation and famine are inevitable, say
scientists involved in an international report due Friday on the effects of
climate change.

  ……….
  ………
  ………