On Tuesday 14 November 2006 10:22 am, Chris Cannam wrote:

> -- I tried going into ccmake and editing the install directory there, but
> it seems to set it back to /usr as soon as I press the configure key.
> Also, I'd prefer to know how to do it without using an interactive tool.

Where does ccmake come from?  Unless maybe you have to build cmake with
autotools and then build it with itself.  Hrm.

Heh.  Indeed.  Well, that was intuitive.

>  * Didn't we used to default to installing in /usr/local, anyway?  People
> usually like that.

We did with automake.  Scons used to just find wherever everything else was
installed, I think.  People do scream loudly about the /usr/local
thing.  "All software should install to /usr/local by default.  ANYTHING ELSE
IS WRONG AND IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE YOU SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE HEAD UNTIL
DEAD" kind of arguments in past situations come to mind here.  Though I can't
remember anyone specifically bitching at US over this.

Looking at ccmake myself, I get some error about unknown
something "KDE_DCOP_BLAH."  Then I eventually poke my way to a screen where
it says:

 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE                *
 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX            */usr/local
 EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH          *
 LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH             *
 CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY    2.4

Change that, and here is the blah blah in depth:

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/silvan/SVN/reorganisation/src/CMakeLists.txt:40:
 Unknown CMake command "KDE3_ADD_DCOP_SKELS".

This is a deal breaker, apparently.

Gonna try a clean tree, in case I have some cruft problem.  I didn't see any
conflicts though.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/