On Apr 10, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Michael Jennings wrote:

On Thursday, 10 April 2008, at 09:49:16 (+0200),
Per ?yvind Karlsen wrote:

  +%_initrddir          %{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/init.d

Can anyone explain to me why this macro is "initrddir" when
/etc/init.d and /etc/rc.d/init.d have absolutely nothing whatsoever to
do with the initial RAM disk?  Shouldn't it be "initdir?"

Hysterical accident is what my bleached neurons remember.

Either Mandriva or PLD was the first to try to use a macro for init
scripts directories in packaging. The rest is conventional comedies with predicatble
punch lines and canned laughter.

Ironically, if FHS is ever widely adopted, there's no need for anything except
The One True Path.