On Dec 23, 2008, at 4:57 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

This patch isn't needed.

system.h will include "config.h" if -DHAVE_CONFIG_H is defined
in CFLAGS, which is done throughout rpm.

And RPM_VENDOR_FOO is passed through CFLAGS, not config.h,
simpilarly to -DHAVE_CONFIG_H.

If you __DO__ insist on RPM_VENDOR_MANDRIVA
in config.h rather than CFLAGS et al, then the right fix is

    #include "system.h"

    #if defined(RPM_VENDOR_MANDRIVA)

consistent with every other file compiled in rpm.

Slightly worse (but acceptable) is

    #if defined(HAVE_CONFIG_H
    #include "config.h"
    #endif

    #if defined(RPM_VENDOR_MANDRIVA)

That's my issue (in case I wasn't entirely clear).

Personally, I'd rather see CFLAGS used consistently
for VENODR identification too, up until now CFLAGS,
not config.h, has been used to pass RPM_VENDOR_FOO
around, but that's a different matter. Not every flag could/should
be added to CFLAGS.