On Tuesday 15 February 2011 02:15:18 Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > (No rpm 5.3.8 working on my platform leads me temporary back to the
> > beecrypt 4.1.2 problem).
>
> You can build --with-beecrypt=internal, that's an up-to-date 4.1.2 image
> distributed with RPM. The routines will end up in -lrpmmisc.

I thought about that but the rpm 5.2.1 tarball I have doesn't provide beecrypt
sources internally and it can only be configured to be external.

> Berkeley DB (and PCRE)  can also be put back internally, any version. Just
> untar the sleepycat tarball and rename to "db", then --with-db=internal.

Ok so I suppose it's the same for beecrypt.

> Hmmm yes this is library loading. I have a dim memory of an asm
> section/segment bug fixed in beecrypt like back in 2009 when 4.1.2
> was released. It also caused some issues with SELinux textrel policy.
>
> Again these are rather ancient issues, and not on arm. Just fyi ...

Yes I think the reason is older kernels, not arm (I've seen this problem only
with 2.6.28 and 2.6.29, but all works with 2.6.33).

> I'm not as good at reading kernel panic's as I once was, but that "PREEMPT"
> sure looks fishy ... and I'm not sure how benchbc gets clobbered by
> beecrypt, its not like beecrypt is doing DMA or reading speshul kernel
> drivers or anything other than just using optimized asm.
>
> You might try taking out the optimization when building older beecrypt,
> there's likely some sneaky ASM instructions used even on ARM.

I'm building with -O2, ok I can try without it, if that's what you mean.
Thanks.

Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan