On Wednesday 16 February 2011 04:01:06 Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2011, at 9:18 PM, Silvan Calarco wrote:
> > This is the difference before and after conversion:
> >
> > [root@smartqv7 ~]# file rpm/Packages
> > rpm/Packages: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 9, native byte-order)
> > [root@smartqv7 ~]# file /var/lib/rpm/Packages
> > /var/lib/rpm/Packages: Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, big-endian)
>
> I'm not sure where you ended up with a DB_HASH, but
> the likeliest candidate is from the dbconvert.sh script
> which is attempting 4.6.1 -> 5.3.8. You should
> have had btree in both 5.2.2 and 5.3.8.

Looking at the rpm changelog I see this is due to a patch since 4.4.8 -> 4.4.9
upgrade to preserve db compatibility, but now the dbconvert.sh script changed
the hash with sed doing:

s/^type=hash/type=btree/

> If you add -vv I can often guess from context. There's little I can tell
> from "long time": was it the generation? or something else?

I think rpm is working correctly, it's just a slow operation to be performed
on a SD in a arm tablet with low performat compared to PC, this is why I'm
looking for a way to recreate the indexes during db upgrade and not after so I
can do the conversion in ram (or using any other method that is fast enough).

> > rpm: rpmdb.c:2193: rpmmiNext: Assertion `(size_t)p.size == sizeof(mi-
> >
> >> mi_offset)' failed.
> >
> > Aborted
>
> This is a sanity check on the data returned from an rpmdb: totally "can't
> happen".

:-O

> > Yes I think I've learned it, but is this available with db 4.7 too?
>
> I haven't personally used db-4.7 with "RPM ACID".

My choice to stay with 4.7 was determined by the idea of easing the db
upgrade. But considering that I need in any case to do 'db_dump-47 | .. |
db_load-47 Packages', couldn't I just do 'db_dump-47 | .. |db_load-51' and go
to 5.1 as well with no greater complexity than staying with 4.7?

Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan
Web: http://www.mambasoft.it