On Apr 2, 2015, at 12:11 PM, devzero2000 wrote:

> Il 02/Apr/2015 17:39 "Jeffrey Johnson" <n3...@me.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Um ... was there actually a problem being solved here?
> >
> > Some of these scripts (like rpm2cpio.sh) are vitally
> > important and have been posted publicly like here
> >
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18787375/how-do-i-extract-the-contents-of-an-rpm/25986787#25986787
> > and integrated into other projects. The syntax change is
> > highly intrusive to using diff to see what has changed.
> >
> > *shrug* Many of these scripts haven't been used in years.
>
> Ciao jbj
>
> The aim is to modernize a little these shells. The comment should be clear.
> The change  is trivial, but a further check is certainly necessary ( some
> incompatibility is possible ) .

Please describe "modernize" a bit.

I certainly know several useful (but thankless) changes needed with the
scriptie in rpm:

        1) standardize/regularize on "foodeps -P|-R" instead of ancient/hoary
foo-prov/foo-req

        2) resurrect v_pkg to fully automate and simplify the provides/verify
of a non-rpm vendor OS

        3) write shell/perl to verify the MD5 sum of header+payload without rpm
installed (like rpm2cpio.sh)

hth