On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 13:31 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Denis Washington wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 13:01 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> >>

> >> OTOH, RPMTAG_FILESTATES is gonna matter a _LOT_. So
> >> will leaving stale locks, and forgetting to attach stderr when
> >> your widdle daemon forks.
> >
> > Could you explain what should go in RPM_FILESTATES? It's not listed in
> > the LSB specification.
> >

> Zeros are same as RPMFILE_STATE_NORMAL and will suffice.
>
> What is primarily important is that the tag exists (so the pointer
> does not go NULL),
> and that the memory is sized correctly (array of unsigned character
> #files is the dimension).
> RPMFILE_STATE_NORMAL is what most files have attached.

Ok, thanks.

> Until one starts to get into multilib, another UNSPECIFIED area
> that will affect ISV's that the LSB "Berlin API" is worfully silent on.

Unfortunately I don't know about multilibs.

> Hmmm, you have not included any scrtlets in you _register_package()
> methods. AFAIK from listening to Ted T'so, the ability for an
> ISV package to run scriptlets is an important need.

Yeah. Post-install scripts are not needed as there is an ISV installer
running which can do whatever it wishes. Pre-removal scripts should be
there though.

> Of courrse the "Berlin API" is woefully silent on how to include
> scriptlet actions, and how/when those scriptlets should be run.

That would have to be specified, naturally. The API is far from
complete, but you have to start somewhere.

Regards,
Denis

LSB Communication List                                rpm-lsb@rpm5.org