Yes!
The repository you give to me is a good place to compare the versions I have and to upgrade what needs upgrading.

Thanks for your time.

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:55:43 -0400, Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com> wrote:

On Aug 8, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Belal Salem wrote:

Great!
Updating to popt-1.14 works.

Now,rpmaug.c with POPT_ARG_MAINCALL has passed correctly, but I encounter the same error type different place: rpmzq.c:179: error: 'POPT_ARGFLAG_TOGGLE' undeclared here (not in a function)

Are there any other packages that needs updating in addition to popt?

All depends on how what build options you choose for rpm: RPM is *NOT*
a build that you can just do
        ./configure --prefix=/usr
and hope for the best. There's simply too many build options to even
attempt the needed QA coverage explicitly.

The prerequisites for RPM are in INSTALL where it says:

        POPT            mandatory 1.15    1.16    http://rpm5.org/files/popt/

INSTALL is maintained accurately for the most common build options, certainly the MANDATORY ones.

There's also an internal popt distributed with rpm for most of the last year.

hth

73 de Jeff

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org