On Aug 8, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Belal Salem wrote:

> Yes!
> The repository you give to me is a good place to compare the versions I have
> and to upgrade what needs upgrading.
>
> Thanks for your time.

NP. If you catch some annoyance, its not personal:

        I maintain both RPM5 and POPT and yours isn't the first
        report of build failures.

The problem isn't simple: RPM uses POPT in easy that no other program does.

E.g.    POPT_ARGFLAG_TOGGLE adds the ability to set/clear a set of flags from
        CLI options with both
                --thisoption
                --nothisoption
Since RPM is chock full of disablers (like --nodeps etc) which are attempting
to use POPT_ARGFLAG_TOGGLE in reasonable ways, well, the inability to upgrade
POPT by distros in 3-4 years is, well, a tad bit disturbing.

POPT is *NOT* a hard upgrade, nowhere near as complicated as upgrading RPM has
become.

Anyways holler at me (and ignore my mutterings) if you need help. I'll try
to get you fixed up no matter what …

(aside to Robert Xu):
Getting there just buried …

73 de Jeff