We had a bit of a mis-naming snafu that we’re trying to sort out how to fix.

First rpm was

Name: rpmone
Version: 1.1.branchname-352
Release: 1

We later fixed the versioning, because it caused issues / was not upgrading
when a new version was installed.

Second rpm was

Name: rpmone
Version: 1.2.branchname
Release: 381

The second one increments the Release field at build time. The first one was
incrememting the Version field.

When we install the second one, it installs, but does not remove the first one.
So now we’re left with systems that have two rpms of the same name, but
different version/releases.

Is there anything we can do in the creation/install of the 1.2 rpm to clear out
or remove any 1.1? We tried Obsoletes,
but that seems to be mainly for rpm name changes, not this version/release
issue we have.

These were built/installed on CentOS 5.8, with rpm version 4.4.2.3

Any pointers or docs to look at would be helpful or google keywords to search
on,

Thanks,

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or
distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee or agent of TiVo
Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by
email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written
agreement.