On 30 November 2013 13:11, Laurent Gautier <lgaut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yet, I am not convinced that a BSD-type license is appropriate here. The
> liberal licensing types can easily use the project in isolation, either
> with a module calling rpy2

If your intention is that people can write code to call rpy2 (installed
separately) without being bound by the terms of the GPL, you may want to
make this clear in the public description of the licensing, because that's
not clearly the normal interpretation of the GPL. I think this is
permissible - code written in R is not bound by the GPL simply because it
uses the language, so it would be hard to argue that code written with
Python syntax to perform the same operations using R should be bound by the
GPL.

Thomas