hmm-- i've modelled it after the rails ruby extension[1].

Wikipedia tells us in a somewhat confusing article (no idea if
they're right) [2].
"In Ruby, the designation is called nil."

Note that the german version of the article is much clearer and
mentions the
synonymity of null and nil explicitly.

So null in JavaScript should be equal to nil in Ruby.

So confused,
Thomas

[1] http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2006/3/1/new-in-rails-enumerable-
group_by-and-array-in_groups_of